August 9, 2013

Mocha Protein Power Balls



I've been wanting to make protein balls for a long while. I usually see them on Pinterest and I always think, "Hmmm, when I have a food processor I will make a batch." Well, I got my hands on a food processor (Thank you Mom) and within 24 hours I was off making balls! Hahaha!

I deviated from the original recipe that I originally set out to make. I milled some carob chips and ended up rolling the balls in the ground carob chips.

Here is my recipe for these amazing little suckers!

Ingredients

  • 1/3 C. Instant Coffee
  • 1/4 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 2 C. Unsalted Cashew Nuts
  • 1/4 C. Ground Flaxseed
  • 3 Scoops Protein (Chocolate of course!)
  • 2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1 C. Pitted Dates
  • 1/2 C. Water
  • 1/4 C. Carob Chips, Milled (optional)
Directions

Place all ingredients, except water, into a food processor and blend until smooth. 

Slowly add the water while pulsing the food processor until it reaches a dough-like consistency.

Place the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours until less sticky to touch. 

Remove dough from the fridge. Roll into 1" balls and place on wax paper-lined tray. Like I said, I deviated and rolled my balls in milled carob chips.


 Store in the fridge until ready to eat.



Enjoy, but be forewarned, you might need some almond milk to wash these down!





No comments:

Post a Comment