January 29, 2013

Super Yummy Warm Brie with Brown Sugar & Almonds

I am a mega food, nutrition and exercise blog LURKER!

Like a Stage 5 Lurker. I never come out of hiding unless I see something awesome enough to come out of hiding for...lol

On a daily basis I have about 100+ blogs that I read through my reader each day. I normally do not get my recipes off of blogs although I do get ideas for new food choices (i.e. sunflower butter vs. almond butter).

However, a few days back I was reading a blog called A Foodie Stays Fit and found this recipe. It looked so delicious I had to make it AND I had to come out of hiding to give my kudos for such an awesome recipe. I modified the recipe a little by using regular brie and a little more butter and brown sugar, since the regular brie was larger than what was used in the original recipe .

Now if you aren't a fan of brie, I can guarantee that you will be after you taste this. Just look at how gorgeous it looks fresh out of the oven:




To make this you will need the following:

  • 1 round of brie cheese (goat or cow)
  • 3 tbls. brown sugar 
  • 3 tbls. butter
  • 3 tbls. almond slivers

The directions are simple too:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place the brie onto a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover the brie with enough brown sugar to cover the entire top surface. Layer the butter on top of the brown sugar and then the almonds on top of the butter.

3. Place brie into the oven and bake for 15 minutes keeping an eye on the almonds. Once the almonds are a nice toasted brown, cover the dish with foil and bake the remaining time covered.

4. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before transferring onto a more aesthetically pleasing plate or platter. Serve with crackers of your choice (I like whole wheat crackers) and apples.
_____

Now isn't that super simple? 

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment