July 16, 2013

Another Great Day


I am feeling better today. My back is still a little irritated, but not nearly as bad as it was yesterday.  I started tracking my calories again this morning and I hope that I can start the Body For Life program up again by next week. I was crunched for time this afternoon on my lunch break so I decided that since I am not on the BFL diet, a ham sandwich from Subway wouldn’t hurt my diet.



Despite having a sore back, I still exercised. I ran/jogged/walked 3 miles on my treadmill.



Have I mentioned I love my treadmill?

I didn’t straight out run because of my back. I just don’t want to screw it up again. I also did some stretching after. I want to start working on my flexibility again. I think this will also help my back get better faster.
On another note, I made the most delicious salmon tonight. I know it’s just a marinade, but it was so good I want to share it with you guys.

Grilled Citrus Brown Sugar Salmon Marinade

IMG_0583_moded

Ingredients:
  • 4 salmon steaks
  • 1/3 C. Soy Sauce
  • 1/3 C. Water
  • 1/3 C. Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 C. Olive Oil
  • Lemon Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt

Directions:

Combine soy sauce, water and oil in a Ziploc bag. Add brown sugar into the bag and seal. Mix well until the brown sugar has dissolved.

Place salmon steaks on a plate and season with lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt to taste.

Place seasoned salmon steaks into the Ziploc bag and seal the bag. Gently roll the Ziploc bag so that each steak is “coated” with the marinade.

Place Ziploc with salmon and marinade into the refrigerator laying the Ziploc flat so that all salmon steaks are submerged in the mixture. Marinade for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.

Brush some olive oil onto the barbeque grate so that the salmon steaks do not stick. Once marinated, place the salmon steaks on the barbeque grill and cook each side 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment