January 14, 2013

CE Salmon Patties


Last night I got into the kitchen at about 6:30pm and thought I would make something from the Clean Eating cookbook. With the ingredients I had on hand and the limited time, I settled on making Salmon Patties with Zucchini.

They are absolutely delicious. Even my 3 year-old said they were "licious!" Here is a lovely picture of the finished product:



To make these you will need the following:

  • 2 cans of salmon packed in water
  • 1/2 C. whole wheat bread crumbs
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 2 Tbls. cilantro,  chopped and divided
  • 1 medium carrot, grated
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 Tsp.dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbls. olive oil
  • 1 lemon

Directions:

In a large bowl combine salmon, bread crumbs, onion, half the cilantro, carrot, dijon mustard and egg whites. Mix with clean hands and form into 6 palm sized patties.

Heat olive oil in a saute pan for a few minutes and lay salmon patties on the heated oil. Lightly fry both sides for about 3-4 minutes. 

Steam zucchini until tender and serve along side the salmon patties. Garnish with remaining cilantro and add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.

This took me about 30 minutes from beginning to serving. I definitely will be making these more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment