October 11, 2012

Diet Change or not?

“Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted; one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?” ~Eminem

 

Oh yeah, I just quoted Eminem. Who doesn’t have this song on their running playlist? If you don’t, you should really get it on their. You will run faster. I promise…lol.

 
I thought I would start this entry with that quote because that’s how I feel about my dreams. I’m at the right age where my dreams are still attainable. I feel like this imaginary clock is ticking above my head and that if I don’t grasp what I want now, I will regret it. Every day that passes this fire in my belly gets hotter and I just know that I have to do this. I have to go on this journey.

 
This morning, I woke up knowing that I have to start by changing my diet. My diet isn’t bad, but it’s not even close to a figure competitor’s diet. What drives me nuts the most is that I know exactly what I need to be eating, how much and when, to get where I need to go. I’ve just been resistant to going down this path because it makes me into an anti-social, bitchy person.

 
Anti-social because I can’t go out and eat with friends. I can’t eat what everyone else is eating. All my meals have to come from me. All meals cooked and packed carefully to ensure that I get the right nutrients at the right time. Bitchy because eating the same bland diet everyday makes me bitchy. I’ve done this diet before for six weeks and it cut fat fast, but I wasn't the nicest person to my husband. (Too bad, so sad for him! Hahaha!)

 
Everything else about the diet is actually positive. I swear it makes my skin look sparkly. I never have stomach issues and it leaves me with a clear mind for work. I don't have to worry about what I'm going to eat next because I already have my entire week planned out on Sunday and prepacked in my fridge. I actually like the structure of the diet a lot. I'm just hesitant to start this in October only to get totally sabotaged in November and December. Who wants to diet on Thanksgiving and Christmas?!?!?

I also am hesitant because I'm at a point where I've lost fat but not enough to see any definition. What if I bust my tale and I don't see the results because I'm covered in fat. Should I stick to Cardio? Should I throw in weight lifting days? Should I do something in the middle like circuit training? Really I feel like I'm in a blah stage of the weight loss process. I've lost enough where I feel a lot like my old self, but I know what I'm capable of and I know I can do better. That is the only reason why I press on...because I know what I'm capable of.

Anyways, I've totally gone off on a tangent. So I woke up today with this hair up my ass and decided to google "Fitness Model Diet." I swear, I googled that. See (click for larger image):















I found some modifications on the diet that I originally did when I got serious (in 2006) about cutting fat and gaining muscle.

The best article I found is below:
 
http://www.livestrong.com/article/183719-female-fitness-model-diet/


I found others, but I don't have time to actually find them again and post them here. Just google it if you really care!

(This post was totally all over the place. I couldn't concentrate today. Sorry if for the headache I must have caused my readers...lol)




No comments:

Post a Comment